PV export power sense proportional Controller, Sola Controla
Solar PV export power sense proportional controller.
Prices reduced further now.
Most accurate Solar PV export power sense controller available Class 1 (1%).
Well proven professional design to military design standards and tolerances.
Electric Vehicle charging from excess PV power now or add easily in future.
Compatible loads when driving external load controllers:-
- DHW immersion heater
- Storage heater, Towel rail heater
- Underfloor electric heating
- Electric Vehicle charging ( does not require a slave unit just a compatible EV charger)
- Motors eg fans, pumps etc.
The Sola Controla sense and control unit provides a 0-10 volt analogue control signal and can drive the following external load controllers:-
- Voltage controlled switched mode inverters.
- Single or three phase switched mode motor inverters.(to drive fans etc.)
- Electric Vehicle chargers eg Mainpine EVSE
- Voltage controlled battery chargers.
- Phase angle and zero crossing heating controllers
Several of the above load controllers can be used to drive extra or mixed loads or by parrallelling.
The Sola Controla Sense and control unit consumes less than 3 watts.
Uses every last fractional kWatt to divert excess generated Solar PV power into the load.
Unlike other systems this will constantly monitor for any excess power generated over consumed power.
Other systems merely monitor when PV power is generated wait for an excess of say 1kW then switch on the heater.
Such systems A/ waste that first kW or so to export and B/ don’t utilise the export power above 1.5 kWatts
It can easily be shown that such systems extract less than half to a third the available potential power compared to our unit.
Our Solar Photo Voltaic export power sense controller constantly monitors export power accurately, and proportionally controls an external load controller via a 0-10volt control signal.
Can drive multiple loads so even when water is up to temperature and the thermostat switches off, the excess power can be used as background heating. * May need auxiliary external load controllers depending on function required.
This Solar PV controller therefore can use every last unit of excess power generated.
Is it legal? Yes
Is it ethical? Yes, solar power thus used merely displaces alternative higher cost energy for water and heating.
Is it environmentally sound? Yes Using generated power at source saves energy distribution losses which would otherwise heat the environment . (Applies to both the exported energy and imported alternative heating energy eg oil, gas etc)
Full production over 4 years. UK design and manufacture.
Solar PV Controller type SPVHC/1 now reduced to £245 plus 20% VAT
recorded delivery £10
Should easily pay for itself within two years especially if used for background heating and hot water.
The remainder of the 25 year+ life of your Solar PV , the controller will give you free heat and power.
There are very few if any legal schemes to give a 50% ROI
Payment accepted by BACS or Paypal ( please add 4% for Paypal charges)
Note that you do not require a higher rating than your Solar PV peak power.
- Accuracy better than 1% of fullscale. (Biased 50watts towards export.)
- Phase and Power factor correctly taken into account unlike most energy monitors.
- Accurate power monitor mimics consumer meter circuitry, hence imports no unnecesary power.
- Tested in the field 4 years continuously.
- MTBF 40 years.
- All solid state.
- 5 year guarantee repair or replacement.
Comparisons with other products.
- Beats all simple Solar switch units hands down (eg Parsons etc)
- More accurate and stable than the Immersun and similar Solar controller ( no flicker)
- Better IP rating than the Immersun, and double insulated for safety.
- can drive multiple load types using external load controllers.
- Ev charger ready ( just add compatible EV charger)
- easily configured for three phase control.
- Load controller and control electronics can be split for remote load locations.
Electric Vehicle Charging ready.
Now can control EV charging under closed loop control of a standard Sola Controla via SmartEVSE charger
see video of Tesla Model S under closed loop control responding to PV surplus power available.
Two compatible EV chargers available. Smart EVSE and Mainpine.
Below the SmartEVSE ( with modified firmware) used in the control loop:
Compatible Mainpine EV charger below