Rookery Lodge located in Colchester, Essex
- Price Range: from £345 to £575 per week
- Number of units of accommodation: 1
- Sleeps: 2 to 8 people in 3 bedrooms
- Number of bathrooms: 1
- Short Breaks: Yes – The minimum number of days for a short break is 3
- Suitable for the disabled: Yes – walking
- Children are welcome: Yes
- Pet Friendly: No
Cosy picturesque Cottage / bungalow with half an acre of garden, can sleep up to 6 people, on a quiet arable farm. No livestock. Duck pond nearby. Short distance to picturesque Dedham village in Constable country and numerous walks through beautiful countryside. The beaches of Mersea, Frinton, Harwich, and Felixstowe are just half an hour away. Orford, Aldeburgh, Dunwich, and Southwold on the Suffolk coast, University city of Cambridge only 1 hour away. Only 15 minutes from Ipswich and historic Colchester with its castle museum and Zoo.
Book early for half-term, Easter, July,August, and for a nice cosy retreat for Christmas and New Year.
- Large private garden.
- On private road. Ample parking.
- Quiet location. Walking distance Ardleigh shops.
- 2/3 Bedrooms, 1 double bed, 1 bunk bed, 1 double sofa bed, 1 single sofa bed
- Fitted Kitchen, Lounge/dining, Bathroom,
- Central heating/ electric all included.
- ceramic top cooker, oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine.
- Linen, duvets and towels provided.
- Cot / Highchair available on request.
- Private patio outdoor furniture and Barbeque.
- Health / fitness club / swimming pool nearby.
- Holiday Cottage Changeover Saturdays. Other days by arrangement.
- Ideal self-catering vacation holiday
Location Convenient for Essex , East Anglia, Suffolk coasts. Within 1/2 hour Mersea, Frinton, Harwich, Felixstowe. 1hr Orford, Aldeburgh Dunwich Southwold Cambridge. 1/4 hr. Historic Colchester and Ipswich. 45 mins from Stansted Airport.
Can be combined with our other property the Historic houseboat Hotspur moored at West Mersea, just 25 minutes away, for larger parties for weddings etc. Or if you are simply looking for a beach holiday with fabulous seafood, consider the Hotspur sleeps up to 9 comfortably.